1. G Suite (Google for work)
We have team members both in Australia and overseas. Slack is a core communication tool for us. It’s another FREE tool as we don’t require the premium features. We have it integrated with a number of our productivity tools (G Suite, Trello, Zoom, Podio…) and it helps everyone stay up to speed with events, helps with retrieving information, and good old plan chats! One of the things I like about Slack personally is that it has the right mix of communication and collaboration features. For example
- I can start a conversation threat on something a colleague said and carry on that discussion in a separate thread without disturbing the entire chat room.
- If I’m searching for a document, I can easily search from Slack across documents that have previously been attached in Slack or even documents that are stored in G Suite. This makes it super easy to reference other artifacts when engaging in a discussion.
- I can receive updates of events that have taken place in other tools and take action directly from Slack (comments, approvals, etc)
- I can trigger new actions directly from Slack… like “initiate a Zoom call with Jenny”
FREE 30 Min Strategy Call
We would like to offer you some guidance, and pointers on how to get started on your own. No strings. No selling. Just Helping.